Summary Job Goal: the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing vendor invoices and check requests for payment. The Accounts Payable Specialist works with the Controller and the Grants and Compliance Manager to ensure that all AVCP obligations are paid in a timely fashion while remaining in compliance with all regulatory requirements and maintaining effective internal controls.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process all incoming check requests and vendor invoices for payment in an efficient manner. Escalate payment processing issues, such as invoice discrepancies, to the responsible department managers as needed.
- Review all checks for appropriate authorization and route incoming invoices for approval. Prepare check requests for utility bills and other general expenses for approval by Administration.
- Generate Accounts Payable aging report weekly and review outstanding obligations for prompt resolution.
- Reconcile vendor account statements to AVCP ledger detail. Research and resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Support Grants and Compliance Manager with researching grant expenditures for grant reporting and monitor vendor billing for compliance with AVCP policies.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of departmental information.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: High school Diploma or GED required along with one (1) year of accounting or general office experience. Associates degree from an accredited college is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, familiarity with the Intuit Fundware accounting system is strongly desired.
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.