Summary Job Goal: this individual is responsible for the processing of the accounts payable functions of AVCP. Assignments and instructions are received in general terms from the Accounting Supervisor. Work performance is evaluated based on neatness, accuracy, and timeliness of assignments.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Data Entry
- Responsible for the accurate posting of accounts payable entries.
- Institute changes and recommendations to present system to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Be aware of cash flow to fully utilize the payment scheduling that benefits AVCP.
- Manual check and voided check entry.
- Payment Vouchers
- Responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of requests for payment.
- Ensure the request for payments reflect the proper coding.
- Ensure the necessary approvals are reflected on the requests prior to disbursement.
- Ensure the amount requested does not exceed the program budget.
- Purchase Orders
- Responsible for the tracking and documentation of all funds encumbered through PO’s, TA’s, and TV’s
- Ensure the purchase requisitions are filled out properly and appropriate signatures are present prior to processing.
- Maintain log of controlled forms.
- Vendor Files
- Responsible for the upkeep of all vendor files. This includes statements, payments, and correspondence.
- Ensure all statements are kept “current” with any discrepancies properly documented.
- Administrative functions such as filing and accounting maintenance.
- Assist with year and audit scheduling and mid-year audit preparation.
- Any functions needed based on ‘as needed’. This may include, but is not limited to,
*Payroll Cross Training
- Maintains strict confidentiality of departmental information.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: High school Diploma or GED required along with one (1) year of accounting or general office experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, familiarity with the Intuit Fundware accounting system is strongly desired.
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: May 31, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.