Summary Job Goal: Under the direction of the Tribal Administrator, performs secretarial and clerical duties in support of the tribe. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to the AVCP policies and procedures referenced and included in the Employee Handbook.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Locates and attaches appropriate files to correspondence.
- Takes and/or records dictation and transcribes notes on computer.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens phone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates schedules and makes appointments as requested.
- Greets visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Keeps updates on tribal resolutions and ordinances.
- Assists with tribal membership and enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have strong written, verbal, reasoning and analytical skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years’ experience and/or training in a related field; or equivalent combination.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none
Addendum of Equipment:
Microsoft Office – Word; Excel; Publisher; Power Point
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.