Summary Job Goal: In accordance with Federal and State rules, regulations and guidelines governing a number of differing Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) programs, and under the direction of the TANF Director, work includes initial, intake level data collection and distribution to the Eligibility Technicians.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Filing, telephone reception, travel planning, and other secretarial and clerical duties in support of the TANF Department.
- Distribute the TANF applications as requested.
- Maintain files and review client applications to insure completeness and proper order.
- Assist in receiving and entering client data into the computer database as requested.
- Perform the full range of assignments related to TANF for the program through knowledge of all public assistance programs’ rules and regulations, requirements, policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory for office supplies. Responsible for ordering of office supplies for the TANF Department and the Village-based Case Managers.
- Gathers and compiles information or meetings, presentations, and dissemination to the TANF staff and clients.
- Assists the TANF Department in coordinating and planning of community meetings.
- Travel to regional villages and some out of region destinations.
- Makes travel arrangements for the TANF staff.
- Takes care of all incoming and outgoing mail.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have strong written and verbal skills. Fluency in Yup’ik and English preferred. Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm. Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and the ability to qualify under the AVCP auto liability coverage.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED is required. One (1) year of experience in general secretarial and clerical work. Familiarity with statewide and regional governments, non-profit, and community organizations and resources is desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none
This position is a Grade 3 and has a Salary Range of: $42,108 – $54,692
Job Posting Expiration Date: October 31, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.