SUMMARY: Job requires that you have experience with carpentry skills in residential construction or remodel or building maintenance. Good work ethic, good attitude daily and desire to grow in the construction industry.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Timely attendance, dedication, problem solving, motivation, working in extreme weather conditions.
- Experience building foundations and leveling buildings.
- Experience with all phases of residential construction. Installation of windows, doors, Insulation, sealing, flooring siding and roof work. Able to lay out and build stairs. Finish carpentry. Setting cabinets and counter tops. General understanding of electrical and plumbing.
- Dependable –more reliable than spontaneous.
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires shifts in direction.
- Detail oriented – would rather focus on the details than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/independent – enjoys working with little direction.
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
- Interact with the general public maintaining a professional attitude and working relationship.
- May require travel within the region for projects.
- Ability to lift/carry minimum 50 lbs. regularly with ease
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fluent Yup’ik speaker preferred. Work will be in outdoor environments. May travel by jet, small plane, four-wheeler, snow machine, boat.
- Provide resume of previous employment with minimum 3 references.
- Show proficiency with construction or building maintenance.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Combination of (1 to 4) years working in a carpenter or construction position. Trainable. Must have experience in and knowledge of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and use it.
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.