SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting eligible AVCP region clients with the Child Care Assistance Program services funded through the EET & CC Program. This is a child contact position and subject to PL 101-30.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels to assigned unit villages as required by program operations.
- Meets with IRA or Traditional Councils in assigned units to maintain a working relationship between AVCP and the Councils in the area of Child Care Services.
- Collects applications from parents and providers for services. Screens potential clients for eligibility.
- Collects data to complete the application process. Discusses program policies and requirements with potential and eligible parents and providers.
- Acts as a resource for parents that need child care.
- Assists in providing training in health, safety, hygiene, nutrition, and developmentally appropriate practices in a family child care setting.
- Assists in providing Pediatric First Aid classes for eligible providers.
- Conducts annual/bi-annual home inspections for each approved child care home to ensure the minimum health and safety standards are met. Reviews emergency procedure plans and monitors to assure continued compliance.
- Acts as a community advocate, makes referrals and conducts follow-ups to assist communities to develop and improve child care services.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have strong written, verbal and analytical skills. Fluency in Yup’ik and English strongly preferred. Travel to regional areas is required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED is required. Preferred experience in general office procedures of at least three (3) months and, in-depth knowledge of Child Care Programs, early childhood development or elementary education, monitoring and evaluating compliance with health and safety standards and nutritional regulations, developmentally appropriate activities, and monitoring and training child care providers. Familiarity with statewide/regional governments and non-profit organizations is also desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.