Summary: Responsible for promoting transparency through the creation and design of content for social media, newsletters and the AVCP website. This position requires a thorough understanding of the culture and the needs of the Tribes of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta region and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers. Reports to the Communications Director.
- Responsible for the maintenance of AVCP social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Responsible for the creation, layout/design and publishing of the monthly employee newsletter
- Assist in the publication of AVCP’s Annual Report
- Assist in the maintenance of the AVCP website as needed
- Participation in the content creation and layout/design of the quarterly newsletter
- Photograph events and staff
- Maintain organized media library
- Assist in the production and editing of videos
- Present Communications information at New Employee Orientation
- Assist in the development and editing of department publications and signage
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Applicants must be highly organized with an attention to detail. Applicants should be willing to invite and implement feedback on creative projects. Ideal applicants must possess strong written and oral presentation skills (bilingual Yup’ik/English is preferred), evidence of the ability to learn graphic design software, and some photography and video editing experience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. computer science, art, sociology) from an accredited four-year college or university is strongly preferred.
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: May 31, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.