SUMMARY: The Community Services Division Director is responsible for the direction and management of the Tribal Services, Tribal Justice and Village Public Safety Officer (VPSO) programs, activities and functions. The Division Director will plan, conduct, consolidate and administer Compact programs or portions of these programs to eligible Tribes and Tribal members to achieve efficiencies in service delivery.
Under the direction of the Chief Programs Officer, the Division Director ensures that each program launches, manages, and executes support and accountability measures within their perspective programs.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: including the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and manage the administrative and operational activities of Community Services Division.
- Develop, track and implement annual budgets for all programs in division.
- Pursue program funding, as needed for division.
- Plan, develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives to ensure quality services are provided and sustained.
- Conduct strategic planning sessions with their teams to identify efficiencies and break down silos between programs
- Facilitate team meetings and meetings with Tribes and Tribal members.
- Continuously develop and evaluate the service delivery model of the individual programs on their team.
- Redesign programs and reallocate funds where allowable to support the needs of the programs and the Tribes and Clients that they serve.
- Ensure all programs have up to date program policies and procedures
- Directly supervise the Program Managers on their team.
- Ensure that the programs are fully implementing the quality improvement process initiatives.
- Ensure the programs maintain a high level or programmatic and fiscal compliance with grant rules and regulations.
- Provide administrative support to the programs.
- Continuously evaluate the service delivery model for of each department individually and how that fits into the larger service delivery model for AVCP
- Analyze and monitor the program operations such as client flow in the buildings and works with the Program Managers in managing in staffing assignments, office design and staff-to-client ratios.
- At the direction of the Program Administrator and/or in conjunction with the other program managers, develops and implements quality management strategies for programs.
- Represents AVCP at regional, state and national meetings
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises Program Managers for division.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The position requires the ability to carry out the noted essential job duties as outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Community Services Division Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed. Trustworthiness is required. This position is subject to Native Preference per P.L. 93-638.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Three (3) years of direct experience is required if the employee has a Bachelor’s degree.
Three (3) years of direct experience in managing multiple department administration may substitute for the Master’s degree.
Proven record of planning, organizing and coordinating building activities.
Proven ability to provide oversight to Program Manager level team members.
Proven ability to write reports and correspondence as required.
Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment is required.
Must have strong written and verbal skills.
Fluency in Yup’ik or Cup’ik is strongly preferred.
High level administrative skills are required.
Strong interpersonal skills are required.
Familiarity with Yup’ik lifestyles is preferred.
If the use of a company vehicle is required, the employee must have an active Alaska Driver’s license with a driving record that will allow the employee to be insured by the AVCP Vehicle Insurance Policy for use of company vehicles.
Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within and outside of AVCP.
Exercises tact and diplomacy in working with other departments and agencies.
Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Approaches others in a tactful manner.
Reacts well under pressure.
Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Follows through on commitments.
Strong adherence to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
Maintains strict departmental and corporate confidentiality.
Treats people with respect.
Inspires the trust of others and works with integrity and ethics.
Upholds confidentiality and respects the sensitive nature of all program and goals.
Demonstrated skills to effectively negotiate.
Mediate and make decisions.
Proven record of being detail oriented.
Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Makes timely decisions.
Reports to work timely and consistently.
Must be willing to travel as needed for regular village travel.
Responds to executive management direction.
Takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments.
Commits to long hours or work when necessary to reach goals.
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan whenever a task will not be completed on time.
Prioritizes and plans work activities.
Uses time efficiently.
Plans for additional resources when needed.
Sets goals and objectives.
Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Develops realistic action plans.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, e-mail, and calendaring software such as Outlook Express.
This position is a Grade 10 and has a Salary Range of: $104,542-167,536
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.