Summary Job Goal: The Dump Truck Driver is responsible for the transportation of construction equipment and materials to and from all job sites. The work is conducted outside in a construction environment for up to twelve (12) hours per day, in all weather conditions.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Estimates amount and kind of materials required for the job.
- Recognizes and removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs pre-trip inspections (correctly completes the driver’s log book) of his/her vehicle and is able to explain what is to be inspected and why.
- Maneuvers and controls the vehicle in a safe fashion, which includes handling the vehicle on-site and in over-the-road situations, proper signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed, lane positioning, matching speeds to road conditions (wet, dry, snow, or ice), and the ability to drive during the daytime of nighttime.
- Safely loads and unloads all equipment/materials over all terrains, and properly secures all loads.
- May need to occasionally lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner in order to avoid personal injury and equipment damage.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Yup’ik speaking preferred. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to successfully pass a drug test prior to employment. Must have Driver’s License with no major driving offenses in past 5 years.
EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or GED is required. Construction experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) is required.
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.