Summary Job Goal: Work as an Electrician with Facilities for temporary assignments. Install, maintain and/or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensures that work is in accordance to Alaska Standard Codes on residential or public buildings.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles, installs, tests and maintains electrical and electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and other power tools.
- Diagnoses any malfunctioning electrical wiring in residential homes, commercial properties, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components on new or old residential buildings and commercial properties.
- Advises Facilities Director on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local and state codes.
- Prepares sketches or follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Repairs or replaces wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Works from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Places conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pulls insulated wires and cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Constructs and fabricates parts, using hand tools and other specifications as needed to electrical work on a residential or public building.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED required. Two (2) or more years of direct experience is required. To work in public or commercial buildings, the employee must have five (5) years of experience or be at the journeyman level. If driving a company vehicle, must have a current driver’s license with a good driving record to be added to the AVCP vehicle insurance. Must be familiar with and use Personal Protections Equipment (PPE).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none
This position is a Grade 7 and has a Salary Range of: $64,777 – $97,166
Job Posting Expiration Date: December 14, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.