Summary Job Goal: Under close supervision, performs traffic control duties and maintains community roads in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures. The work is conducted outside in a construction environment for up to twelve (12) hours per day, in all weather conditions.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed. Follows safety rules and regulations on all work zones and flagging sites, including placing signs, traffic cones, and other warning devices. Duties may vary according to the job assignment.
- Operates pickups (not requiring a commercial drivers’ license or CDL), and miscellaneous hand tools in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; conducts routine equipment maintenance and daily equipment inspections according to County standards.
- Performs basic road repair and maintenance tasks; reports safety hazards and traffic problems.
- Performs manual labor assignments as needed, cuts brush and hand tools, chips, loads and hauls brush, clears right-of-way of brush and other debris to improve visibility and diminish road hazards.
- Does facility housekeeping and maintenance.
- Prepares reports and maintains records.
- Responds to emergencies as directed and performs tasks in the interest of public safety and property protection during emergencies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Yup’ik speaking preferred. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.Must be able to successfully pass a drug test prior to employment. Must have Driver’s License with no major driving offenses in past 5 years.
EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or GED is required. Construction experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certified Flagger
This position is a Grade 2 and has a Salary Range of: $38,280-$49,720
Job Posting Expiration Date: July 28, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.