Summary Job Goal: The Grants and Compliance Officer provides administrative infrastructure to organize, manage and oversee the quality management of AVCP’s diverse grants and contracts portfolio. Initiate, plan, develop, review and implement new policies, programs, and functions related to grants to ensure accountability and efficiency. Provide outstanding administrative and technical guidance, service and support to AVCP staff responsible for sponsored programs. Consult, advise and collaborate with the Executive Team and Program Directors to address critical grants and contract issues.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide feedback to directors in the development of grant proposals and advise them of salary schedules and practices, purchasing and travel procedures, current indirect rates, allowable in-kind contributions, staff benefit options, and all manner of regulations of various granting agencies.
- Review grant awards to ensure conformity with established AVCP proposals, practices and assure agency ability to adhere to grant requirements. .
- Stay abreast of current requirements and best practices and disseminate information to relevant staff as requested.
- Manage and monitor all post-award activities for sponsored project, grants and contracts to assure timely and cost-effective compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Coordinate, review and maintain proactive management of quarterly reports in collaboration with AVCP’s Grant Compliance Accountants on current, inactive, pending projects and any aged receivables.
- Prepare internal and donor expenditure reports on a monthly, quarterly as well as annual basis.
- Request draw-downs as needed for cash flow as determined by Accounting, but no less than quarterly.
- Review and monitor expenditures to ensure they are expended within agency and award guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate reports of project receipts and expenditures to relevant staff. May assist with planning future expenditure requests.
- Monitor progress and non-financial reporting requirements for compliance with appropriate Circulars.
- Liaise with various funding agencies, accounting staff and auditors in matters relating to sponsored programs.
- Coordinate audits and compliance reviews by external auditors.
- Work with the Directors and Officers to draft and carry out a formal and systematic approach, procedures, and guidelines for grant and contract administration.
- Coordinate with AVCP’s Legal Department to prepare and monitor any necessary contracting and sub-award agreements.
- Work with directors to ensure documentation of cost sharing or in-kind matches (CSI/I-KM) required by awards and set-up segregated CS/I-KM accounts if required by the award.
- Work with directors to prepare and complete any necessary changes in scope of work, relevant staff changes, budget changes, requests for supplemental funding, no-cost extension requests, etc.
- Review cost transfers, budget revisions, carryovers and assist with and monitor closeout activities.
- Develop and implement a calendar/suspense system for post-award management and reporting and notify directors of upcoming due dates.
- Coordinate with AVCP’s Legal Department to maintain corporate records for federal, state, and private foundations grants and contracts, memoranda of agreement and any required property management records.
Accounting Specific Functions
- Responsible for working the grant and account code structures, budgets, purchasing, encumbrances, AP/AR and payroll as it pertains to the grants being monitored.
- Work with the Accounting department to reconcile the accounts to the Grant, GL, and balance sheets on a monthly or quarterly basis as determined by the Accounting department.
- Provide department directors with regular budget updates.
- Assist with developing and the management of the internal controls and systems for the grants.
- Assist the Comptroller with audits, reviews and reports as need.
- May assist in coordinating the compilation of early data needed for upcoming project proposals.
- Develop and present in-house training and materials on grant and contract management.
- Assist with preparation of indirect proposals.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of departmental information.
- Develop an internal website with information manual, frequently needed information and forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Public Administration, Business or related field from an accredited university or ten (10) years of related experience in financial monitoring, budget development, management of grants, financial reporting, monitoring and successfully performing duties. Experience in developing and carrying out complex policy, program, project, administrative and budget plans. Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit budgeting and accounting, budgetary control, monitoring, reporting and auditing. Advanced analytical skills. Demonstrative effective decision-making, negotiations and mediation skills. Strong interpersonal skills to interface and work with all levels within and outside of AVCP. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently and instruct, supervise and evaluate employee(s). Must be detail oriented and proactive. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Computer proficient.
This position is a Grade 7 and has a Salary Range of: $64,777 – $97,166
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.