SUMMARY: The Healthy Families Services Specialist is a supervisory position that will be responsible for overseeing Healthy Families services provided by the Prevention Services Unit. This position will provide supervision and leadership to all Facilitators responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating group activities, workshops, and classes, including but not limited to Healthy Families Workshops, and Healthy Families Mini-Sessions. This position will train the Facilitator teams in each step required to plan, manage, and effectively facilitate group events. The Healthy Families Services Specialist will also role model successful group facilitation by regularly participating in workshops, classes, and other group events. This is a career ladder position that can be reached through gaining experience as a Support and Lead Facilitator.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: including the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Train and supervise all Support and Lead Facilitators.
• Co-facilitate Healthy Families Workshops, Mini-Sessions, Qasgiq sessions, and other group events.
• Provide administrative support to Facilitation team.
• Manage and utilize the collection of program evaluation data for improving and expanding services.
• Continuously evaluate the service delivery model for each service and how it fits into the larger service delivery model for the Division and AVCP.
• Work closely with Prevention Unit Manager to design services that support the needs of the individuals, families, and communities being served.
• Work closely with Prevention Unit Manager to capture existing Healthy Families services through curriculum development.
• Work closely with Unit Manager to create and update program policies and procedures.
• Develop a working understanding of the program funding regulations and requirements, as well as AVCP’s budgeting process.
• Develop yearly workplans with goals and objectives in accordance with the program goals, and funding regulations and requirements.
• Review and approve purchase requests for services.
• Review and approve travel requests for services.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Directly supervise staff using one-on-one meetings, team meetings, and direct communication.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Interview, hire, and train staff.
• Plan, assign, and direct work for staff.
• Appraise staff performance through evaluation process.
• Manage and resolve conflict.
ACCOMMODATION: The position requires the ability to carry out the noted essential job duties as outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Healthy Families Services Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed. Trustworthiness is required. This position is subject to Native Preference per P.L. 93-638.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: GED or High School Diploma required. AA or BA degree in social work, human services, or related field is preferred. A minimum of three years of experience in a management and supervisory role in social services is required in lieu of AA or BA degree.
• Knowledge of Word Processing software, e-mail, and calendaring software such as Outlook Express, and various communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Skype.
• Prior experience as Healthy Families Lead Facilitator.
• Must be willing to travel regularly to villages within the AVCP region.
• Proven record of planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Proven ability to manage staff through coaching, resolving conflict, and team building.
• Proven ability to write reports and correspondence as required.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluency in Yup’ik or Cup’ik is strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with Yup’ik lifestyles and the AVCP region is strongly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within and outside of AVCP.
• Reacts well under pressure.
• Treats people with respect.
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Makes timely decisions.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities.
• Uses time efficiently.
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: July 9, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.