SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supporting the Program Coordinator in all administrative functions of the ICWA Department. This is a key position that will successfully multi-task and assist all ICWA staff, clientele, partners, and other AVCP departments under the supervision of the Program Coordinator. The individual in this position will have knowledge of AVCP and ICWA program operations, processes, and services; and will be a central point of contact and support staff to help ensure that the program is operating successfully and in compliance with all internal and external contracts, grant regulations, MOA’s, etc.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the organization of all office records in accordance with AVCP’s policies, including client case files, court documents, and confidential records.
- Take incoming calls, e-mails, and in-person communication from staff, clientele, and other professionals with exceptional customer service.
- Assist with all department travel for both staff and clientele through AVCP’s electronic travel software/travel support agency.
- Assist with all department purchasing for both staff and clientele through AVCP’s electronic finance software.
- Assist with preparing for department trainings, and new employee onboarding, including preparing training packets, reserving conference rooms, managing travel, etc.
- Send and receive inter-office and USPS mail, and small pieces of freight.
- Respectfully and clearly communicate with all ICWA regarding office procedures, needs, and day-to-day activities.
- Assist with the coordination of department trainings and new employee onboarding, including preparing training packets, reserving conference rooms, managing travel, etc.
- Assist with outreach and regular communication with tribal ICWA CFSS I’s, Tribal Councils for needed information and/or sharing of information as assigned.
- Comply with AVCP and other confidentiality policies in place regarding child welfare services.
- Complete all other tasks assigned, depending upon the needs of the department.
The position requires the ability to carry out the noted essential job duties as outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Office Assistant.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed. This position is subject to Native Preference per P.L. 93-638.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED is required. 2 years of experience in administrative work is preferred.
- Ability to use a computer, fax, and multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to use word processing software, e-mail, and calendaring software such as Microsoft Outlook, and communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven record of planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Fluency in Yup’ik or Cup’ik is preferred.
- Familiarity with Yup’ik lifestyles and the AVCP region is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within and outside of AVCP.
- Treats people with respect.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Uses time efficiently.
This position is a Grade 3 and has a Salary Range of: $42,108 – $54,692
Job Posting Expiration Date: September 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.