Summary: The position of IT Project Manager is responsible for the Administrative oversight and project management of the client screening software, tracking and interpretation of data to evaluate the quality of services to the clients of the Family Service Center. The IT Project Manager directs and proposes projects, researches funding opportunities as they pertain to maintaining, developing and enhancing the software utilized by AVCP programs, with a primary focus for the Tiwahe Project and associated programs. The IT Project Manager will also manage all IT Projects related to the IT Strategic Plan. The IT Project Manager reports to the Director of IT.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively assist in the IT Strategic Planning process – ensuring all Client Tracking and IT Project related initiatives are included in yearly and 3-5-year Strategic Plans. Timeliness and Accountability required.
- Provides and sets the technical and business direction and guidance of the Client Tracking software and program needs to successfully complete the Tiwahe Project by meeting AVCP’s objectives.
- Project Management oversight of all aspects of project life cycle to include initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing, taking project through final implementation according to best practices.
- Document Projects in all aspects, including project risks, assumptions, and constraints and aid in implementing approved actions and workarounds designed to mitigate project risk events, according to best practice.
- Creates Project Timelines and schedules using a designated IT Project Management Tool.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, identify and quantify variances and perform corrective actions with transparency to all stakeholders.
- Creates regular status reports and communication for identified stakeholders and resources according to a communications plan.
- Financial management of project budgets to ensure all budgets, forecasts and costs are measured, tracked, and reported for project success.
- Works with outside vendors in contract negotiations and all aspects of the Client Tracking software as the Administrator for software used in the Tiwahe Project and Client Service Divisions.
- Works with the Application and Server Administrator in completing new software integration and upgrades for all software utilized in the program.
- Assesses and anticipates technology projects according to the IT and AVCP Strategic Plans, and recommends appropriate action and resources through Project Charters, Project Plans, and other Project Management Documentation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A valid Alaska Driver’s License and good driving record to qualify for AVCP Commercial Vehicle Insurance.
- The ability to travel in small planes is required for village related travel.
- This position shall require the ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must have strong customer-service oriented skills and communication ability.
- Must be self-starting, independent worker who is able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills, to ensure proper communication is relayed to all stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of financial processes; ability to understand, analyze and create financial reports
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience participating in complex Information Technology projects and/or the desire to grow into a Project Management career are preferred
- Certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, CompTIA Project+, Certified Project Manager (IAPM), Master Project Manager (MPM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) & ITIL Preferred
- This position requires a proven and strong working capability for software deployment in a client or patient services tracking system
- Basic knowledge and understanding of project management industry standard framework and the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations related to computer networking systems.
- Knowledge of IT systems design, configuration, and implementation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: ITIL, PMP, Project+ or other related Certification preferred.
This position is a Grade 8 and has a Salary Range of: $74,494 – $111,741
Job Posting Expiration Date: September 30, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.