SUMMARY: Maintains the Headstart Center in a safe and sanitary condition. Ensures the facility is in compliance with Headstart Performance Standards. This is one of the three Maintenance Worker positions.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Familiar with the Headstart Facilities and Environmental Performance Standards and State of Alaska licensing regulations.
- BEFORE EACH CLASS DAY:
- Warm the building prior to the children’s scheduled arrival time.
- Conduct a safety check and correct any and all hazards in entrances, exits, ventilation, heating, emergency communication systems, indoor and outdoor learning environments.
- AFTER EACH CLASS DAY:
- Seal all trash bags and remove from premises.
- Clean and sanitize bathroom fixtures, drinking/tooth brushing centers, hand washing centers, trash containers and lids, doorknobs, and all other surfaces prone to harbor germs of communicable diseases.
- Refill water containers, paper and soap dispensers, replace light bulbs as necessary.
- Vacuum all floor surfaces, wet mop washable flooring.
- Sanitize mop, sponges, and other cleaning supplies.
- Dump all waste water appropriately.
- WEEKLY, MONTHLY, and YEARLY SCHEDULES:
- Conduct safety checks and make arrangements for any necessary repairs in all emergency systems.
- Clean and sanitize walls, furniture, windows and all surfaces not listed above.
- Inventory and order maintenance supplies on a monthly basis.
- Complete facility self-inspection checklist and ensure that the facility is in compliance with Headstart Performance Standards.
- Complete fire extinguisher inspection report on a monthly basis.
- Conduct monthly fire drills and record appropriately.
- PROMPTLY, IN RESPONSE TO PERIODIC NEED:
- Ensure proper hauling and storage of water.
- Ensure pick-up and secure storage of freight and parcels.
- Arrange for a substitute during any absence.
- Attend required trainings.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of the department and clientele.
QUALIFICATIONS: The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have strong computer skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Per Headstart regulations, must be at least nineteen (19) years of age. Must pass a Physical Examination, TB test and criminal records background check. Native Hire Preference. Must be able to safety drive a snow-machine; four-wheeler; or vehicle.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or GED required. Yup’ik/English speaking preferred.
CERTIFICATION: Must have an Alaska driver’s license and have a good enough driving record to be covered on AVCP Vehicle Insurance.
This position has a Headstart Salary Minimum of: $56,091.79
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.