SUMMARY: The Workforce & Benefits Navigators assist all Tribal members to identify the AVCP benefits and workforce development services they may be eligible for and assist them in the application process. In accordance with Federal and State rules, regulations, and guidelines governing the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), 477, General Assistance and Vocational Rehabilitation funding, provide case management services to TANF, 477, and GA clients. This work includes interviewing, conducting Family Self Sufficiency planning, gathering monthly activity data, and working with clients to alleviate barriers to employment such as obtaining a GED, identify workforce development training and scholarship opportunities, resume building and a host of other support services. The W & B Navigator operates the Workforce Development Office and works closely with all TANF, 477, and GA clients, local tribal councils, and other entities within the region to pursue workforce development in AVCPs Workforce Development Offices. Person must be very organized, understand the culture of the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta and able to facilitate meetings with administration of various stakeholders, gather and summarize large amounts of data and prepare meaningful reports to the stakeholders.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following.
- Work one on one with TANF, 477 and GA clients and their families to develop Family Self Sufficiency Plans
- Assist TANF, 477, and GA clients with the case management objectives in their plans by helping them achieve GED skill levels, reduce employment barriers, apply for training or educational opportunities, locate scholarships and any other tools necessary to become self-sufficient.
- Completes Monthly Activity Data (MAD) reports that includes case record information related to client information, attendance and status change.
- Works closely with Benefits Technicians to ensure TANF families eligibility status is current.
- Conduct 6 month and yearly reviews of TANF, 477 and GA clients’ case management progress and eligibility with the Benefits Technician.
- Enter all necessary information into the Ritetrack system or through Teams to the supervisor in Bethel.
- Help all new clients navigate available benefit services.
- Assist Bethel eligibility technicians with client interviews, conducting assessments including the SDM, and assisting clients in obtaining necessary documents.
- Notifies clients of all education, employment, and training opportunities as they become available.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Workforce Development Office and provide a well organized smooth functioning office environment so clients can take full advantage of the benefits and services available.
- Maintain regular communication with Bethel-based supervisor including weekly meetings to report and update on work activities and projects.
- Keep up to date on department initiatives, and with other job center staff in the region to maintain consistency throughout the department.
- Notify the tribes, tribal organizations, and other entities within their unit of work about workforce development opportunities.
- Attend bi-annual meetings of the local Tribal Councils to provide up to date reports on the Workforce Development Office.
- Supports all clients in a positive and confidential manner to become self-sufficient, conducting necessary interviews and assessments, referrals, collecting monthly data and reports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all client correspondence and community service work site agreements.
Navigator II tasks:
- In collaboration with Family Service Division, independently develop and direct local / regional training events, including logistics, curriculum, contracts, and outreach and recruitment of cash assistance clients and other eligible tribal members
- GED: develop and engage client outreach and recruitment
- Job Center: utilize existing Job Center expectations and develop peer support strategies to support peer to peer Job Center development
- Identify training and support opportunities for cash assistance client – specific goal identified based on cash assistance case load.
- Conduct X# of benefit applications drives for TANF and LIHEAP
- Meet with CFSS 1 worker monthly. Plan quarterly prevention activities for families in the community. Identify 1 or more at-risk families and design wrap-around support. Schedule a time to meet together with Tribal Council to update them on the prevention initiatives.
Requirements: Must already be WDD Navigator
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: March 31, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.