Summary: Under the direction of the Network Manager and documented IT Roles and Responsibilities, the Network Engineer proactively provides Technical Administration, Management, Delivery and Support of the AVCP Infrastructure and Networking Systems, focusing on delivery and support for Broadband Services. Primary responsibility; Assist in development and implementation of Broadband services throughout the AVCP Region for AVCP remote staff connectivity. Deployment and Installation of Broadband necessary equipment to remote Village staff locations. Administration and quality of service of broadband connectivity to meet the day-to-day operations of AVCP. Infrastructure Administration for VDI and RiteTrack connectivity for remote offices supporting implementations completed through TIWAHE. Secondary duties would be to assist Network Manager in daily initiatives and tasks to guarantee overall Network Support.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assisting in Administration and Management of AVCP’s IT Connectivity and Infrastructure ensuring business needs are met.
- Actively assist in the IT Strategic Planning process – ensuring all Infrastructure initiatives are included in yearly and 3-5-year Strategic Plans. Timeliness and Accountability required.
- Collaborate with Network Manager and IT team to provide technical direction on network topologies, server configurations, hardware/software deployments, firewall configurations and other administrative tasks related to the staging and maintenance of Infrastructure components.
- Assist in Monitoring and reporting IT Infrastructure usage and up-time goals are reached according to the IT Strategic Plan.
- Interface with vendors to obtain required services, equipment and software in a timely manner while ensuring proper licensing, audits and budget controls are met.
- Complete project and budgetary planning including accurate estimates of time and funding requirements, completion dates and resources required in accordance with the IT Strategic yearly and 3-5-year Plans.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, installation, and integration of all Infrastructure components including Internet, Connectivity, and other Infrastructure requirements.
- Provide written reports and presentations on status of Infrastructure Initiatives and Projects.
- Documentation for Infrastructure components and Infrastructure related projects
- Facilitate design sessions and architectural reviews. Participate in technical advisory roles, as required
- Provide technical and procedural direction for implementation of the Infrastructure Services
- Provide and enforce safety regulations and procedures for all Infrastructure related services.
- Keep abreast of new trends and innovation.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Mentor and assist IT associates to foster a learning and growth environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A valid Alaska Driver’s License and good driving record to qualify for AVCP Commercial Vehicle Insurance.
- The ability to travel in small planes is required for village related travel.
- This position shall require the ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must have strong customer-service oriented skills and communication ability.
- Must be self-starting, independent worker who is able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills, to ensure proper communication is relayed to all stakeholders.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems is preferred, may be substituted with the following experience.
- A+, Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCNA or higher Certification Preferred, MCSA/MCSE a plus. Must be willing to complete certifications or training as necessary.
- At least 2 Years of experience with VOIP Systems, LAN/network design, implementation, and network administration highly desired.
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of IT security, Active Directory, Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe applications, networking software & hardware, protocols (DHCP, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, VOIP, etc.); Microsoft Office 365 for business desired.
- Experience with web conferencing, network switch & firewall configuration, wireless networks, email, smartphone, and PC imaging.
- Experience and understanding of satellite configuration and deployment highly recommended.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
This position is a Grade 8 and has a Salary Range of: $74,494 – $111,741
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.