Summary Job Goal: The TWD Office Manager will be responsible for the administrative aspects of the office; organizing files, maintaining TWD binders, ordering supplies and equipment, submitting purchase orders and check requests for the department, and arranging travel for TWD staff. The TWD Office Manager will act as the first point of telephonic contact for the Bethel Tribal Job Center. This position will also maintain all confidential files. Person must be very organized, understand the culture of the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta and Yupik Fluency is desired. They will field incoming client phone calls and direct them to the appropriate member of staff/Tribal Job Center.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes paperwork to ensure departmental spending is efficient and in compliance with TANF regulations.
- Reviews client files to verify service eligibility for clients under TANF requirements.
- Answer incoming client phone calls and direct them appropriately to the correct job center and member of staff.
- Obtain accurate client information from TWD staff.
- Filing, data entry, travel planning, and other secretarial and clerical duties in support of the Tribal Workforce Development Department.
- Maintain inventory for office supplies. Responsible for ordering of office supplies for the TWD Department and the Village-based staff.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Takes care of all incoming and outgoing mail.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have strong written and verbal skills. Fluency in Yup’ik and English preferred. Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm. Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and the ability to qualify under the AVCP auto liability coverage.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED is required. One (1) year of experience in general secretarial and clerical work. Familiarity with statewide and regional governments, non-profit, and community organizations and resources is desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none
This position is a Grade 8 and has a Salary Range of: $74,494 – $111,741
Job Posting Expiration Date: October 21, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.