SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing ongoing support to individuals and families through in-home case management and careful coordination with internal and external service providers, to help meet the needs of referred families who are residing in the AVCP service area. Support and case management will focus on preventative services and promoting healthy and self-sufficient families, utilizing cultural values, and identifying strengths and needs based on the SDM assessment tools.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: including the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Respectfully engage in communication with individuals and families that make up Prevention Services Unit clientele.
- Initiate regular contact with clientele to complete necessary assessments.
- Work in partnership with clientele to develop case plans that reflect their strengths, needs, and goals.
- Initiate regular contact with clientele to teach them about and connect them to appropriate resources and services based on their case plan.
- Reach out to identified service providers to advocate for clientele and to understand how to best assist them with accessing those resources and services.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all internal services that can assist families and individuals.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of local, regional, and statewide agencies that provide resources and services to families, individuals, and children.
- Work closely with Family Services Division units to connect clientele directly to available services.
- Learn and utilize required SDM assessment tools, procedures, and reporting systems.
- Participate in ongoing planning and development within the Prevention Services Unit.
- Maintain organized electronic and paper case files.
- Enter information into data software.
- Enter purchase requests into financial software.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACCOMMODATION: The position requires the ability to carry out the noted essential job duties as outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Prevention Services Navigator.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed. Trustworthiness is required. This position is subject to Native Preference per P.L. 93-638.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: GED or High School Diploma is required. Secondary education (Certificate, AAS, BA) in social work, or human services is preferred. Two years of experience working directly with individual clients or families in a social services capacity is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of operating a computer and word processing software, e-mail, and calendaring software such as Outlook Express.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Fluency in Yup’ik/Cup’ik is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Yup’ik/Cup’ik lifestyles and the AVCP region is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with individuals, families, and service providers.
- Treats people with respect.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: September 30, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.