SUMMARY: This position, under the direction of the Realty Program Manager, and the direct supervision of the Supervisory Realty Specialist, is responsible for the Real Estate Services function of the Realty Department. This position provides various types of service to restricted landowners and prepares complete case files for submission to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) for approval of transactions. The primary function of this position is to respond to clients’ requests for land information and maps, initiate case files, and to prepare complete case files for submission to the BIA for review and approval of transactions. This is a career ladder position with a level I and level II. Level I is an introductory/trainee position with limited independence; and level II includes additional responsibilities and increased independence.
Realty Specialist II
*Abilities needed to advance to Realty Specialist II
- Possesses intermediate Real Estate knowledge and skill.
- Provides one-on-one coaching and training to Transactions staff so that they are able to produce high quality work and increase their capacity.
- Provides initial review of transactions case files prepared by the Real Estate Services staff to ensure compliance with BIA policies prior to second review by the Supervisory Realty Specialist.
- Provides initial review of land ownership searches compiled by the Realty Clerk, and ensures all supporting documents are produced.
- Possesses the ability to continue case preparation to completion regardless of the status of the case file.
- Prepares extremely complicated transactions cases.
- Initiates and performs above duties with minimal supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Demonstrated dependable work attendance record. Must possess strong written, oral, organizational, analytical, and computer skills. The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bilingual Yup’ik/English preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Realty Specialist II: In addition to those stated above, must possess intermediate Real Estate knowledge and skill. Previous evaluations rated as good to excellent. Must possess ability to successfully train or coach colleagues in their role as Realty Clerk or Realty Specialist I.
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: March 31, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.