Summary Job Goal: Responsible for assisting eligible AVCP region clients with scholarship funding for school or training and related expenses and tracking progress.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process scholarship applications from the TWD Navigators to determine appropriate funding source and amount for scholarship award and related expenses.
- Work with client directly to obtain necessary additional information, and with educational institution directly to obtain necessary verification.
- Provide complete award package and process information in both Microix and Ritetrack, and track invoices and payments.
- Track scholarship recipients progress in school or training and resulting
- Be familiar with the different funding sources and eligibility requirements and carefully track budget and spending.
- Maintains on-going, positive communication with educational institution staff as the student and/or client advocate with regard to personal counseling, individual student financial aid assistance and to make adjustments per any pay changes to their financial situation; refers students to other agencies or organizations as necessary, for assistance.
- Keeps apprised of financial assistance/aid available for students/clients and grant or loan requirements and stipulations.
- Meets with students and clients face to face when necessary; provides appropriate academic counseling on an individual basis.
- Follows set accounting procedures; initiates purchase order and check request processes and travel requests for students and/or clients.
- Maintains accurate individual case files for students and clients, according to AVCP program standards; assures they are kept up to date and in accordance to information requirements of program policies and regulations.
- Follows all standard policies and procedures as outlined by the AVCP TWD
- Maintain strict client
- As directed, provides effective outreach to recruit
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have strong written, verbal, and analytical skills. Fluency in Yup’ik and English strongly preferred. Ability to communicate positively to individual clients and community agencies providing or requesting education, training, or supportive services.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: One to two years of relevant experience preferred with case management type responsibilities and familiarity with Indian education programs. Good people skills and proven capability of offering counseling and guidance to individual clients in regard to education/academic and employment goals. Must be able to multi-task and be a self-starter, working independently and creatively while adhering to state and federal regulations. Familiarity with statewide/regional governments and non-profit organizations. Required computer skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: September 30, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.