Summary Job Goal: Accurately process and maintain all financial records of AVCP. Utilizing established policies and procedures and assist in the overall financial management of AVCP.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for working with account code structures, budgets, purchasing, encumbrances, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Responsible for working with reconciliation of accounts, the General Ledger, and balance sheet.
- Monitor the compliance and implementation of internal controls and other accounting systems.
- Assist Finance with audits; reviews and reports as needed.
- Create and/or execute work plans as needs are identified.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion of assigned initiatives or projects.
- Work with staff to develop and sustain project success.
- Provide routine updates on the progress of the projects to the Comptroller.
- Complete assigned specific initiatives or projects on time.
- Provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of departmental information.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Business related fields required. Four (4) years’ experience performing at the level of staff accountant and successfully performing the duties required as well as four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or business related fields.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: none