SUMMARY: The Support Facilitator will be responsible for assisting a Lead Facilitator in planning, guiding, and managing group events such as activities, workshops, and classes, including but not limited to Healthy Families Workshops, and Healthy Families Mini-Sessions. The Support Facilitator will present information, share stories and knowledge, and help connect lessons shared by Elder Facilitators to participants in the group. This work will include preparing documents, visual aids, and anything needed to support the group event or activity. This individual should have a strong interest in working with small to large groups to use and promote cultural strengths as a part of coping, healing, and living well. This is an entry level position with a career ladder opportunity to transition into a Lead Facilitator and the Healthy Families Services Specialist.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: including the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist Lead Facilitator in preparing for events and activities including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and preparing the meeting space – this includes virtual meeting spaces and platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Preparing resource documents, visual aids, and additional documents as needed for each event.
- Preparing necessary supplies for staff and group participants.
- Practicing the facilitation process.
- Co-facilitate Healthy Families Workshops, Mini-Sessions, and other events or activities involving groups.
- Assist Workshop Coordinator with calling participants to confirm registration, or provide travel information, call-in information, etc.
- Actively listen in group events to gauge the participants’ understanding of what is being presented.
- Actively practice engaging group participants by asking clarifying questions and making connections to what is being shared.
- Actively practice summarizing and relating to Elder Facilitators to stimulate further thought and learning within the group.
- Assist Lead Facilitator with timekeeping to ensure that the group stays on track, takes needed breaks, and gives adequate time for group participants to share.
- Assist Lead Facilitator in establishing and maintaining a safe environment for sharing.
- Actively practice the acceptance of diversity and role model open-minded and non-judgmental attitudes and behaviors within the workplace and group settings.
- Work closely with Prevention Services Navigators and Workshop Coordinator to register referred clientele in group events.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACCOMMODATION: The position requires the ability to carry out the noted essential job duties as outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Support Facilitator.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed. Trustworthiness is required. This position is subject to Native Preference per P.L. 93-638.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: GED or High School Diploma is required. No experience necessary however, applicants should have a strong interest in working with groups, elders, and families to support individual and family well-being, and healthy living through cultural strengths and values.
- Basic knowledge of Word Processing software, e-mail, and calendaring software such as Outlook Express, and various communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Skype.
- Must be willing to travel regularly to villages within the AVCP region.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Clearly communicate in group settings.
- Fluency in Yup’ik/Cup’ik is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Yup’ik/Cup’ik way of life, and the AVCP region is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in groups and within team setting.
- Treats people with respect.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
This position is a Grade 4 and has a Salary Range of: $46,318 – $60,161
Job Posting Expiration Date: July 8, 2022
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired we may advertise an additional 30 days.