Summary Job Goal: Assist with the demolition and construction of boardwalks and/or board roads and lay outs, fit, and fabricating metal components to assemble structural forms for boardwalks.
Performance Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Constructs timber and weld steel framed boardwalks, tack-welds or welds components and assembles materials using welding equipment.
- Constructs position foundation supports, cuts and welds framework pieces using hand and powered tools as required for boardwalk construction and maintenance.
- Erects wood and/or steel framing for boardwalks using hand tools such as hammers, screw guns, saws, levels, and other power tools.
- Builds stairs, steps, and ramps including railings as per dimension requirements.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on materials.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements.
- Verifies trueness of structure using plumb bob and level or laser level.
- Recognizes and removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures.
- Works in a team environment.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Aware of potential hazards for oneself, coworkers and the general public.
- Works in a variety of environments outdoors and in a variety of weather situations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bilingual in Yup’ik/English is preferred. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment will be indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. This is considered a strenuous job and will require the ability to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to safely use all manner of manual and power construction tools. Must have ability to use arms, legs and whole body for stooping, lifting, climbing, balancing, walking and handling of materials. Successful completion of a pre-hire drug test and random drug testing will be required as a condition of employment. Must have Driver’s License with no major driving offenses in past 5 years.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED is required.
CERTIFICATIONS: Proof or evidence of both the National Center for Construction and Education (NCCER) and American Welding Society (AWS) certifications.
This position is a Grade 5 and has a Salary Range of: $48,981 – $73,471
Job Posting Expiration Date: June 30, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.