SUMMARY: This person works closely with the Senior Tribal Workforce Development Specialist in the AVCP Tribal Job Center to provide continued education (higher and GED) opportunities, workshops, resume assistance and work placement assistance including employment, internships, and apprenticeships. Person must be very organized, understand the culture of the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta, willing to learn, and able to assist in meetings with administration of various stakeholders, and gather and summarize large amounts of data.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- With the SWDS, attends the regular meetings of the local Tribal Councils providing up to date reports on the Job Center.
- Provides assistance in public relations and trainings held in the community.
- Assists in occupying and running the day-to-day operations of the Tribal Job Center, and independently when the SWDS is on travel.
- Helps to notify the tribes, tribal organizations, and other entities within their unit of work about workforce development opportunities.
- Works with the tribal councils and schools in their unit to locate eligible TANF clients and young adults under the age of 25 who could benefit from their services or available opportunities.
- Helps to organize and lead workshops in basic computer, resume, professionalism and interview skills.
- Assists in compiling data gathered and helps prepare information in various mediums, to include tables, graphs, power points, etc. for use in community presentations given by the SWDS.
- Attends community gatherings and stakeholder meetings as an AVCP Tribal Workforce Development representative.
- Performs research as needed and compiles statistical reports for stakeholders and the department.
- Administrative functions learned and administered as needed to support the department and job center.
QUALIFICATIONS: The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have strong computer skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong written and oral presentation skills. Bilingual Yup’ik/English preferred and strongly desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Resume’ and high school diploma or GED if you’re 18-years-old or older is required. TWD eligible clients preferred.
This position is a Grade 3 and has a Salary Range of: $42,108 – $54,692
Job Posting Expiration Date: March 31, 2023
We hope to have this position filled by date listed above, if no qualified applicant is hired, we may advertise an additional 30 days.