At AVCP we do our best to help keep families safe and healthy. Our Energy Assistance Program is here to help address the high costs of energy in the YK Delta.

Utilities Support

Expedited processing
priority given to:

Households that have at least one member who 60 years old or over, or 2 years old or younger

Households that have at least one member who is legally disabled

How to show proof of income:

Copies of paycheck stubs or payroll report from the last 12 months

If you are self employed, we will need a copy of your most recent income Tax Return IRS 1040 and Schedules C, K, or S, and any other tax forms supporting self-employment or partnerships.

Copy of your most recent Tax Return IRS 1040 (pages 1 and 2)

Copies of year-end statements or award letters for all benefits and assistance received by your household. NO BANK STATEMENTS PLEASE.

How to avoid
payment delays:

Do not fax applications or supporting documents, unless it is absolutely necessary. Fax your application and documents only if the household is at risk of running out of fuel.

Attach a copy of your electricity shutoff notice (if you are requesting expedited processing).

Complete application, signed and dated by the applicant and Tribal Administrator.

Complete application (printed clearly); signed and dated by the applicant and Tribal Administrator.

Attach copies of your most recent fuel statement and electricity bill.

Attach all other required documents such as Forms A, B, or C, rental agreements, or rental housing worksheets.

“When the cost of fuel goes up, everything goes up.
It’s not just the cost of heating our home that goes up – it’s transportation, food… everything.”

Useful Resources


Frequently Asked Questions

A: Please reach out as soon as you expect to need assistance. Apply when we announce the opening of the program until July 31, 2020. Applications must be postmarked by July 31, 2020.

A: Households in need of heating and/or electricity payment assistance. If the household has fuel and/or electricity credit, the total credit needs to be $200 less than the annual total cost.

A: If you have not received your assistance within 30 days or less, please contact us.

A: Usually, applications are pending for the following reasons:

  1. The application is missing required proof of income documents.
  2. Missing information such as DOB and/or SSN on application.
  3. Phone number(s) changed or disconnected and we were not notified.
    If we are unable to contact you by phone to complete your case, we have no choice but to “Pend” your case, send a letter notice, and wait until you respond.

Contact Information

Association of Village Council Presidents
Social Services Department
Energy Assistance Program
PO Box 219
Bethel, AK 99559

From Our Facebook