- This event has passed.
Yukon Kuskokwim Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Virtual Work Session
August 12, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 14, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Yukon Kuskokwim Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
August 12-14, 2020 Virtual Work Session
We are both honored and thrilled to announce our keynote speaker: Yup’ik Leader and President of Alaska Pacific University, Valerie Nurr’araaluk Davidson.
The bulk of the 3-day virtual work session is dedicated to a series of action planning breakout meetings with 6 of the 11 YK CEDS Working Groups:
- Subsistence Working Group: focus on expanding local employment in natural resource research, management and subsistence decision-making at the community, regional, state and federal levels Wednesday, August 12th, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Housing Working Group: focus on housing and water-sewer infrastructure Wednesday, August 12th, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Climate Adaptation Subgroup (part of the Economic Development & Planning Working Group): focus on hazard mitigation and climate change planning Wednesday, August 12th, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Energy Working Group: focus on renewable energy infrastructure Wednesday, August 12th, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Transportation Subgroup (part of the Infrastructure Working Group): focus on ice roads and winter trails Thursday, August 13th, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Education and Workforce Development Working Group: focus on vocational education and training for regional employment opportunities Thursday, August 13th, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
We will reconvene the full group on Friday afternoon, August 14th, to review and discuss progress made during the breakout meetings, to offer a short LIVE broadcast summary presentation of work session outcomes, and to answer any questions we receive from the YK Community.
As you will see, some of our YK CEDS Working Groups are not scheduled to convene next week, including those listed below. We look forward to convening these additional groups this fall.
- Economic Development & Planning Working Group (COVID-19 Response Subgroup, Financial Education Subgroup, Locally Grown and Harvested Products Subgroup)
- Infrastructure Working Group (Community Facilities Subgroup, Communications Subgroup)
On behalf of the YK CEDS Committee,